The mission of the Dixie State University Writing Center is to assist students in developing, drafting, and revising their writing through peer-to-peer consultation and small group instruction. We strive to create an academic community of strong and confident writers, both at Dixie State University and in the southern Utah community.
- Students with appointments have priority over walk-ins.
- Students who are more than five minutes late forfeit their scheduled appointment time.
- Online appointments must be scheduled at least thirty minutes in advance.
- Departmental tutoring availability varies depending on the schedules of individual tutors.
- Tutoring sessions are limited to thirty minutes each.
- Students are allowed two tutoring sessions per day.
- Students are not allowed to schedule back-to-back appointments.
Additional Policies & Procedures
- The ideal tutoring session includes a student who is prepared with an assignment description and a rough draft of the assignment.
- The Writing Center reserves the right to direct students to particular tutors.
- The Writing Center's computers are reserved for students engaged in tutoring sessions.
- Disruptive students will be referred to the Writing Center Coordinator.